"Regardless of who you are or what you do for a living, [depression] doesn’t discriminate … The key thing I found is … especially [for] us as guys….you gotta talk about it, you’re not alone."
-Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
Today, there are hundreds of supplements available in the market as far as men's sexual health especially testosterone is concerned. I have tried to review a few of them. Testogen, Testofuel and Prime Labs Men's Testosterone Booster Review will help you select the right supplement. Read through the post and at the end I will give you my recommendation that will surprise you.
Whenever we talk about Men’s health, men like to become very enthusiastic about 6 packs, muscle development etc. It seems like a very macho topic to discuss and show off. But as soon as you slightly deviate from the topic to talk about Men’s mental health or Men’s sexual health, everybody starts cutting corners as if these problems don’t exist and even if they exist, it is better to hide them under the carpet rather than discuss it.
I fail to understand why? These are normal ailments like any other. Why we avoid talking about it. It will surprise you how many people are searching for a phrase like "feel like i have to pee but can t male". Have you ever thought about why people are stealthily searching for it instead of contacting their doctor? It is just because we have attached so much taboo for a problem like this.
So, let us come out of our ego-driven shell and talk about it. Today, I decided to write/evaluate problems related to a low level of testosterone and what we can do about it. So let us begin with the basics.
What is testosterone?
Testosterone is nothing but a hormone that is made in the men’s testicles and is responsible for sex drive, muscle, sperm production and the way fat is stored in the body. It starts during puberty and keeps increasing till the age of 30 after which it slowly decreases. It not only affects physical attributes but one of the causes of mood swings in men’s body. Women’s ovaries also produce testosterone but in relatively less quantity.
Low level of Testosterone:
Low level of Testosterone in men causes erectile dysfunctional and other bone related effects. It doesn’t only affects a person physically but is a major source of causing high level of stress and hence depression. It may cause wild mood swings.
One’s lifestyle and habits are the main causes of low level of testosterone and that may include smoking, heavy alcohol consumption, high cholesterol level, high blood pressure, excessive day to day stress etc. You will notice how all these causes are interrelated. Most of the time we can increase the level of testosterone naturally simply by adopting a healthier lifestyle and without needing any medication or supplements. I always advise people to try increasing their testosterone level simply by changing their lifestyle for a reasonable period of up to 3 months before going for medications or supplements. In addition to changing your lifestyle, you may also include food rich in nutrients like eggs, red meat, beans, oysters, milk etc.
Symptoms of low testosterone level:
Symptoms of low testosterone levels are unfortunately very general in nature and many factors may cause it like an increase in body fat, low sexual drive, lack of sleep, mood swings, reduction in muscle mass, fatigue and many more.
What options are available to increase your testosterone level?
There are many options available to naturally increase your testosterone level but one has to be careful as the web is full of quack doctors and misinformation as far as the question of testosterone level is concerned. So I always advise people to do your own complete research before trying something.
So I decided to review a few supplement products that claim to increase your testosterone level naturally. We will also compare them for their effectiveness, ingredients and side effects.
Testogen & Prime Labs Men's Testosterone Booster Review:
Testogen is a supplement that claims to increase your testosterone level in a natural way, i.e. they don't use chemicals and all the ingredients used are natural. Regular use of this supplement improves your stamina, sexual drive and hence the stress level. Testogen supplement comes with 100 days money-back guarantee that I personally don’t take very positively because money-back guarantees make more sense in non-consumable products like tools, machinery etc. rather than health products. Improper health products may cause side effects. In addition to increasing testosterone levels, this supplement also claims to reduce fat and improve muscle mass.
The good thing about Testogen is that they have listed the natural ingredients used in this supplement. We decided to our own research about the effectiveness and reason for each ingredient as far as the problem of testosterone level is concerned.
- Bioperine: Bioperine is extracted from black pepper and is a great anti-oxidant. Asian countries cultivate black pepper very widely and they use it for various medicinal purposes. It is good for your body anyway. It also helps detoxify your body.
- Zinc: Zinc supports your immune system and improves your sexual energy. It also helps improve your sperm level and is great for the skin. Red meat, shellfish, nuts and seeds, eggs, mushrooms, kale, peas are good sources of zinc. Although Testogen has listed zinc as one of the ingredients they have forgotten to mention their source of Zinc in Testogen.
- Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 (AKA Pyridoxine) is good for the reduction of depression as it helps create dopamine. It also prevents heart-related diseases and improves metabolism. Depending upon age nutritionists recommend a minimum dose of 1.3 mg to 1.7 mg per day to an adult. A few good sources of Vitamin B6 are chickpeas, nuts, beef liver, tuna, banana, tofu etc. Again Testogen has not provided their source of Vitamin B6.
- Korean Red Ginseng Extract: Korean Red Ginseng Extract strengthens the immune system and is in general good for overall health including erectile dysfunction. But it has some cases of side effects like trouble sleeping, irregular blood pressure etc. Of course, it depends on the dose that is incorporated in this supplement. I would recommend stopping it immediately if you come across any of these symptoms and consult your doctor before you start Testogen again.
- Fenugreek Extract: Fenugreek herb is extensively used in Indian cooking is quite famous for its medicinal antioxidants properties. Great for your heart, immune system and overall vitality.
- D-Aspartic Acid: D-Aspartic Acid is quite a popular ingredient in most testosterone supplements and a few major sources of D-Aspartic Acid are oyster, red meat, avocado, asparagus, nuts and seeds etc.
- Vitamin K1: I still don’t understand why vitamin K1 is included in the ingredient. This deficiency is very uncommon and it may interfere if you are taking a blood thinner like aspirin or have high cholesterol. Vitamin K1 acts against blood clotting. As it is available as an ingredient in micrograms it might be okay unless you are on heart-related prescription medicines. You must consult your doctor in that case.
- Nettle Leaf Extract: It is a nutritious plant leaf good for reducing inflammation, blood pressure and balancing blood sugar level. Interestingly, it converts testosterone into dihydrotestosterone that is the more powerful form of testosterone.
- Boron: Boron is good for bones and helps your body absorb magnesium more effectively. It is naturally found in broccoli, peanuts, raisins, avocado etc.
- Vitamin D: Getting enough Vitamin D is essential for having healthy bones. Vitamin D is available in oily fishes like Salmon. Sardines, milk, orange juice etc.
- Magnesium: It regulates blood pressure and supports the immune system. Daily intake of approximately 420 MG for adults is considered to be optimum. Naturally, it is found in spinach, roasted cashews, almonds, peanuts, avocado, potato with skin etc.
There are many similar products are available in the health industry. I wanted to compare them but found that most of them are very similar as far as ingredients are concerned. The most popular ones in addition to TestoGen are TestoFuel and Prime Male. A few ingredients like Nettle leaf extract, black pepper extract and boron are not there in TestoFuel and Fenugreek extract is not available in Prime Male. Considering these facts TestoGen comes out as the winner with a complete set of ingredients. Also, they give 100 days’ money-back guarantee (Not a very big deal, but even then) against 90 days given by TestoFuel and prime labs alpha boost.
Hope this Testogen & Prime Labs Men's Testosterone Booster Review will help you to select the right supplement.
But as promised in the beginning of this post, below is my verdict about your low testosterone level problem.
So, what is the best option? It depends on your lifestyle. If you are always short of time and have a very busy life, I recommend selecting the best of the lot and that is TestoGen. However, I have taken a different route. All these pharmaceutical companies have already done the difficult job of finding all the ingredients that are good for maintaining a healthy level of testosterone and hence I am going to include all the naturally available nutritious fruits/veggies/meat rich with the ingredients as researched by these companies. Remember, there is no better option than consuming these nutrients from natural sources.
Click here to buy Testogen.